FOODIE FRIDAY- PEACHY KEEN PANCAKES
Posted by Diana Kosmoski on Friday, August 9, 2019 at 6:04 AM By Diana Kosmoski / August 9, 2019 Comment
It is finally Friday!
Time for a
Foodie Friday Recipe.
Peaches are in all the stores
and there are even some that
AREN'T ROCK HARD.
I don't know about you but if I
BUY rock hard peaches-
they STAY ROCK HARD..
Yeah-that is the kind of luck I have.
For those of you that have
you might want to try this
SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST.
It is fast and easy and sure to please.
Don't have FRESH peaches?
You can cheat and use frozen ones.
for this great recipe.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Ground nutmeg
- Sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add the flour, milk and salt; beat until smooth.
- Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet in a 400° oven for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Immediately pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pancake has risen and puffed all over.
- Fill with peach slices and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without sour cream): 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
PS-You can have my share- I only like them fresh and not cooked or canned.(hey-after all- I promised to keep this real)
Post a Comment